South Sudan has made news headline again and as usual its nothing good. In the past South Sudan is ranked as:
- The most corrupt country in world
- The most fragile state in world
- Juba is the most expensive city in the world
- Among top 3 most failed states in t world
- And now named top country with poorest access to toilet in the world
According to news published by Eye Radio, South Sudan has been ranked at the top of the list of countries with poor access to toilets in the world.
This is according to a joint report by the World Health Organization and Unicef, less than seven percent of the population in the country has toilets.
A census in 2008 found that South Sudan has a population of more than 8 million people. This means that more than 7 million have no access to toilets.
Out of more than 95 countries ranked, Niger came in the second position, followed by Togo and Madagascar.
However, the report says 2.1 billion people have gained access to an improved sanitation facility since 1990.
HOT IN JUBA COMMUNITY