Hardlife Avenue bags 10K SSP DVA Awards overall prize [List of winners inside]
Weekend party revelers at the Marsk Bar and Bistro on Saturday witnessed the first Music Video Awards of its kind in South Sudan.
The Dreams Media Music Video Awards (D.VA Awards) went down at the ever parked club to appreciate talent and investment each musician put in their music video.
Over 40 videos were submitted for the competition, but 30 made it to the public. According to the judges; Daniel Danis, Simon Bingo, Aaliyah Hassan, Producer Linus and Chandler Griffin, most of the artists submitted their videos in the wrong categories. For instance, an Afro video was submit under RnB category, making the work easier for the judges to knocked ’em out before even placing serious judgment on em.
There were 7 categories in the completion. And this was the journey they took: The judges chose and unveiled to the public 8 videos in at least each of the category, the fans chose 5 videos, and the judges recommended back 3 videos in each category for the fans to vote for the winners.
The polling center for the voting was on Dreams Media awards’ Facebook page. The “Likes” button were the ballots.
Below are the winners of the first Dreams Video Awards. Each winner got a star-studded accolade.
1. Ragga/Dancehall was won by Siise with his video, Party Nite
2. Afro category was won by MC Lomuex with his video, Rabuna Hami Beledna
3. Reggae category was won by Jay Family with their video, Malu
4. RnB category was won by Case Blanco with his video, Baby
5. Hip hop category had only one nominee. 2Mark the Boss won with his video, Mama Don’t Cry
6. Gospel category also had only one nominee. Star Eagles won with their video, Saidu al Miskin
7. Finally, the only video in the category of Tradition was won by Franco Korok with Al Wathon.
All these winners were decided by the fans. The judges made their choice based of the overall winner under these terms. According to the judges, they looked at the; Concept of the video, Production value, Casting, Video standard, video length, pace, lip-sync (audio and video), use of graphics/Titles and the general theme/message.
Yaude video by Hardlife Avenue won the day. And the boys walked home with a check of SSP 10,000
Other awards were also given out. The winner for the MC of the year went to MC Izo Rangiit.
Rockstar Records and Promotion won the award for the promotion company of the year. Veteran South Sudanese singer, Emmanuel Kembe was also honored with a certificate of lifetime achievement award.